Sunday, March 20, 2011

 

Aristotle as the first Systems Scientist...

WHO IS THE GREATEST BIOLOGIST OF ALL TIME?
A Talk with Armand Leroi

"For me, the answer is absolutely clear. It's Aristotle. And it's a surprising answer because even though I suppose some biologists might know, should they happen to read their fassier textbooks, that Aristotle was the Father of Biology, and he is usually given a little bit of credit for that. Most people would say, "Yes, he was the Father of Biology, but basically he got everything wrong." And that I think is a canard. I think it's completely untrue. The thing about Aristotle and this is why I love him, is that his thought was so systematic, so penetrated, and so vast, and yet he's undeniably a scientist." Full interview and video @ Edge 340


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?